Our aquatic facility features 2 swimming pools!
We have a 25m long, 15m wide deep pool with a depth that ranges from 1.5m – 4m. It is divided into 6 lanes by Antiwave © lane ropes (developed for the 2000 Sydney Olympics). The pool temperature is kept at 30 C.
Our recreation pool is a shallow 15m by 15m pool with a maximum depth of 1.5m and a .6m shallow end. It is equipped with assistive railings around the edge of the pool and a gradual ramp leading into it. This pool is also kept at 30 C.
In addition to our 2 main pools, we have a 33 C hot pool. This pool is very shallow (approximately .6m) and has high pressure jets along one side of it to give you that much needed post-workout massage.
- Bubbled tile to alert people with visual impairments that they are close to the pool edge
- Ramps lead into the shallow end and hot pool
- Lift can transfer people into the deep end
- Water wheelchairs available to allow people to roll right into the swimming pools
- Above-water pool lights fitted with diffuser domes to soften light and reduce the amount of shadows
- Hoyer Lift in family change room to assist with transferring participants to water wheelchairs
- Grab-bars around shallow end