Variety continues to monitor the Covid-19 situation daily in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment for our members, visitors and staff. Senior Management obtains information and takes guidance from experts like Toronto Public Health, Ontario Public Health and Canadian Public Health Organization.
Authorities have advised that the virus does not spread through sweat or through the skin. The virus is spread when your hands come in contact with the virus and you touch your eyes, nose or mouth. That is why frequent and thorough hand washing is so important.
In addition, infected respiratory droplets can spread the virus if they end up in the mouth, nose or eyes. That is why sneezing and coughing into the elbow is so important.
Actions that Variety Village is taking to keep our staff and community safe:
· Starting Saturday, March 14, day passes will no longer be sold until further notice but memberships will continue to be sold
· Please consider not coming to Variety Village if you have been out of the country in the last 14 days
· Please do not come to Variety Village if you have a compromised immune system
· Until further notice, we are asking that there be a one member, one attendant / parent / guardian policy
· Building Cleaning – All high-touch surfaces are cleaned nightly with hospital-grade disinfectant, including the equipment room. Frequent re-cleaning throughout the day has also been implemented.
You can read about Variety’s preventative steps in more detail here: https://mailchi.mp/varietyvillage/coronavirus-our-preventative-measures
Please assist us in keeping Variety Village a safe place by proper hand washing and wiping machines down after use.