Variety Village volunteer recruitment and selection is a multi-step process.
Everyone has different reasons and time commitment for volunteering and we want to make sure we know and meet yours. The steps that have been put in place not only ensure that you’re a good fit for us, but that we’re also a good fit for you!
Before applying, please consider the following:
What is your time commitment?
We have many opportunities that can meet your availability needs:
- One day events, such as our various special events
- Short term (3 months or less), such as camps
- Long term (3 months or more), such as helping in our programs
What’s your area of interest?
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities in special events, programs, camps and administration.
HOW TO APPLY:
Ready to volunteer? Here’s how to get started!
- Fill out a Volunteer Application Form. Once completed, please submit the form to the Volunteer Coordinator via email or drop it off at the front reception at Variety Village. All submitted forms will be reviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Successful applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
- All volunteers are required to get a police check done. You can get one done at Variety Village for a $37.50 fee. Forms are available with the Volunteer Coordinator. You can also visit your local police station.
- Please provide us with 2 non-family members as your references. This could be a former employer, teacher, coach, etc.
- Upon successful completion of the above requirements, you will have to attend the Volunteer Orientation Session before placement. Volunteers must also attend an In-Service Training Session. These sessions will be scheduled by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Once all the process are completed, you will be place in your volunteer role based on the skills and requirements of the role.
You are required to get a police check because you will be working with people of all ages and abilities. You can get your police check done at Variety Village for $37.50 or you can visit your local police station.
As part of our new Plan to Protect Policy and Procedures at Variety Village, we are required from all volunteer under the age of 18 to get a police clearance letter, available through the Toronto Police, and online. The clearance will take about about 3-4 weeks to process.
If you require the link or have any questions, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator.